Why ECHS at VC?
Academic Credit Opportunities for El Camino Students
El Camino Course Offering
- Book-based and computer-based options
- College Prep Classes
- Select Honors and Advanced Placement Courses
Ventura College Classes (Early College Academy)
- Build high school and college transcripts.
- College courses come back to high school transcript at an accelerated rate.
- Select college classes can be used to fulfill high school graduation and/or A-G requirements.
- El Camino students enroll for classes before students from all other high schools.
- El Camino students do not pay college tuition. They do pay student fees (currently maximum of $32 each semester) and for books.
- Students may work toward AA, completion of general studies requirements, completion of transfer requirements, while in high school.
- Students are involved in Community Service Opportunities all over the county and earn credit for their hours.
- Get involved in student government through ECHS’ Student Leadership course. Earn elective credit and provide service to your school and community
Independent Study PE
- Utilize community-based opportunities to earn PE credit. Must be pre approved.
- Organizations must meet criteria and provide mandatory documentation. • Any cost is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Students have the option of taking PE at Ventura College if PE credit is needed.
Multi-site at VUSD Comprehensive High School
Foreign Language, Drama, Music, etc. Requires permission of both ECHS and boundary school.
Sports (must be at boundary school in the student's home district and may be used for PE credit). Requires permission of both ECHS and boundary school.
Provides opportunities for students to participate in special projects or experiences such as an internship at CAPS TV, or in the pre-engineering program at the Navy base.