El Camino High School and Middle College Academy at Ventura College
Students enrolling at El Camino High School at Ventura College find a small, peaceful campus that offers a unique mix of personal accountability, independence and support. Students are teamed with an experienced, fully credentialed teacher. El Camino is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
El Camino utilizes an independent study delivery system for the core classes taken on campus. Flexible learning arrangements allow students to pursue their goals or outside responsibilities while staying on track for graduation. College prep and select Honors/AP courses meet the A-G requirements for the University of California or California State University and prepare students for future scholastic achievement, vocational programs and employment.
El Camino High School enjoys a special partnership as an Early College Academy at Ventura College. This partnership offers students a unique opportunity to earn a high school diploma while building a college transcript. Students take at least one college class each semester which enables them to:
- Earn credits at VC that transfer to ECHS at an accelerated rate and are applied to high school graduation requirements
- Obtain classroom instruction in courses such as mathematics and foreign language
- Enhance academic standing
- Explore future careers or pursue special interests
- Work toward completion of the requirements for an AA or certificate program
- Work toward completion of undergraduate requirements to enable a transfer to a four year school.